Rightsize your home…what does that even mean? Living in the Calgary and Airdrie area, we are blessed to find a variety of property styles to suit every stage of life and need. Does your family feel cramped in your home? Or maybe you’ve outgrown the home you purchased a few years back and need something bigger? Either way, transitioning to a larger home can be overwhelming but necessary. To help you out, we’ve gathered some helpful advice for tackling the process. Whether you’re preparing to sell or buy, read on for tips that can help set you up for a successful transition.
Selling Your Home –
The following tips can help you get your home ready to sell so you can sell it quickly and for the most money possible:
- Work with a real estate agent: A real estate agent will have the knowledge and resources to help you price and market your home to buyers in your area.
- Stage your home: Staging your home can make it more attractive to buyers and help them see its potential.
- Make needed repairs: Fixing any damage or making improvements can help your home sell faster and for more money.
- Declutter: packing up personal items and decluttering your home can make it feel more spacious and welcoming to buyers.
Buying a New Home
When you’re ready to start looking for a new home, keep the following in mind:
- Determine your budget: Knowing how much you can afford will help you narrow down your search to homes that fit your price range.
- Consider your needs: Think about the must-haves for your new home as well as any amenities that would be nice to have.
- Location, location, location: The location of your new home is just as important as the home itself. Consider factors like the neighborhood, commute, schools, and more when choosing a location.
- Work with a real estate agent: A real estate agent will be able to help you find homes that meet your criteria and guide you through the home-buying process
Making the transition to a new home doesn’t have to be stressful. With a little planning and preparation, you can make the process as smooth as possible.
When you’re ready to move, keep the following tips in mind to help make the transition as seamless as possible:
- Pack early and pack smart: Start packing up non-essential items well in advance of your move. This will help make the packing process less daunting and allow you to focus on essentials closer to the move date.
- Don’t forget the little things: Change your address, transfer utilities, and cancel any services you won’t need in your new home.
- Hire professional movers: Unless you have a lot of family and friends who are willing to help, professional movers can help make the moving process much easier.
- Give yourself time to settle in: unpacking and getting settled into your new home can take some time. Don’t try to do everything at once – take your time and enjoy your new space.
As your chosen Airdrie and Calgary Area REALTOR ®, I look forward to learning about your needs. Let’s rightsize your home, together!