In this interview with Tanya Appel from I Love Calgary Real Estate, Tanya and I talk about the home buyer journey and how to pick the right community and home for your lifestyle. We cover several topics in this interview, scroll below the podcast to read the high level points of the interview.
- How to Pick the Right Community When Looking to Purchase
- How Lifestyle Trends Affect Buying Decisions
- The Importance of Flexible Space
- The Role Life Stages Play
- Other Things to Consider when Purchasing a Home
Podcast Show Notes:
[00:28] – Tanya welcomes Tara to the show
[01:17] – Why Facebook is THE BEST place to start looking
[03:56] – Lifestyle Trends: Finding the right home to match your needs
[08:58] – Making an educated, informed decision
[09:55] – Tara talks about Flexible Space
[13:35] – What Life Stages play in choosing a home and community
[17:19] – Other things to consider
How to Pick the Right Community When Looking to Purchase
In my experience, Facebook is the best place to start looking at communities! I’ll share some tips:
1) Request to join different community pages and listen to what the community is saying!
2) Go behind the scenes to find out about the community and sometimes you can even find information about the house!
How Lifestyle Trends Affect Buying Decisions
I’ve previously written a blog about how lifestyle trends shape home buyers’ decisions, in this interview we speak about how you can identify the things you need in a home that compliment your lifestyle!
1) List down things you’re looking for to make the move
2) Learning about developers and their communities
3) Why moving is NOT just ABOUT the HOUSE
4) Know what fits well for you
The Importance of Flexible Space
Flexible space means having dual purposed rooms that can be morphed into whatever you need! These “flex rooms” can transform over time when you need extra space. We talk about:
1) Repurposing certain areas
2) The most important thing in your home
The Role Life Stages Play
Different stages in life have different requirements for a home. I’ve previously written a blog about Empty Nesters – check it out to learn more about that topic, and a blog about upgrading your home! In this interview, we explore:
1) What Life Stages play in choosing a home and community
2) Understanding a person’s vision and knowing all possibilities
Other Things to Consider when Purchasing a Home
There are plenty of other things to consider when purchasing a home, and because you can’t have a trial run, it’s important to consider the following details when making the commitment:
1) Commuting time
2) Future developments
3) Extra curricular activities
4) School opportunities
Let’s Get Started!
Have a question about buying or selling your current home? Are you a first-time home buyer that’s not quite sure what to expect? No matter where you’re at in your real estate journey, I am here to help! Send me a message below or give me a shout at 403-809-4639. Let’s make your next move a positive one!